The Technical Institute of Duhok is the first founded institute in Duhok which was establish in 1988 though considers the core for opening the same institutes in Duhok Governorate’s Districts.
The subject Information Technology will enable learners to understand the principles of computing through the use of current programming language, hardware and software, and how these apply to their daily lives, to the world of work and to their communities. Such understanding will be achieved by providing learners with opportunities to:
- Applications in various disciplines.
- Work competently in a dynamic computer-using environment which includes:
- Effective communication.
- Problem-solving approaches.
- Team work.
- Responsible use of technology.
- Precision and accuracy.
- Demonstrate how the creative uses of different computer technologies facilitate human interaction.
- Show proficiency in selecting and customizing appropriate computer applications, hardware and media to provide and communicate innovative solutions across all sectors of society.
- Design and programme well-tested and user-friendly computer-based solutions to meet specific requirements.
- Prepare for a career path, Higher Education and lifelong learning, thus enabling learners to become effective members of a computer-using society.
The knowledge and skills acquired in Information Technology enable learners to use information and communication technology (specifically computers) in social and economic applications, systems analysis, problem solving (using either applications or a current object-oriented programming language), logical thinking, information management and communication. It is envisaged that the fundamental knowledge and skills developed will not be restricted only to Information Technology but also relate to The following focus areas will be included in Information Technology:
- Algorithm design.
- Career paths.
- Computer hardware and devices.
- Database development.
- Future trends.
- Human-computer interaction.
- Management of information.
- Networking principles.
- Problem formulation and solution (projects).
- system software.
- web page authoring.
In the General Education and Training band, the Technology Learning Area is an integrated study covering a wide range of technological areas organized around the following foci:
- Technology and society.
- Technological capability, knowledge and understanding.
- Information and communication technology.
The Nursing Department is dedicated to providing information, skills and values to students to qualify them to provide high quality nursing services from the various health care facilities available in the Kurdistan region of Iraq and in Iraq in general, which contribute to the preparation of nursing staff in cooperation with local and regional bodies and organizations.
The nursing department at the Duhok Institute is looking forward to having a strong impact on health services in the Kurdistan region of Iraq through its excellent educational programs. These programs are designed to provide health services to society according to international and local academic standards.
Objectives of the Department:
1- Preparation of nursing students qualified scientifically and practically in the field of nursing care according to international academic standards.
2- Keeping up with the latest scientific and technical developments in the world in the field of nursing and delivering these developments to students.
3- To focus on the importance of the existence of the outputs of the educational process so that graduates can compete with their peers from other institutes and universities.
4- Provide nursing care to all patients of society regardless of age, sex or disease condition in the field of treatment, clinical and preventive.
To become the Department of Mechanics one of the distinct departments of the Duhok Technical Institute which leads the Duhok Technical Institute to be one of the outstanding institutes in the region and the main source to graduate and prepare qualified technical staff in the field of mechanical techniques to the public sector and the private sector.
Preparation of distinctive technical staff in the field of mechanics to contribute in the building and developing the local and regional community, and keep pace with the rapid developments in the field of mechanical techniques and their applications and translate them in conformity with the curriculum of the department to graduate qualified and competent technical staff in this field.
- Preparation of qualified technical staffs as a liaison between specialists and skilled labors to work in government sectors and private sectors.
- Provide the graduates with practical and theoretical information and Keep pace with the progress in technology developments in the field of mechanics to build the ability to implement all the mandated tasks.
- Add a touch of scientific expertise and experimental methods, the use of modern mechanical techniques, communication skills to communicate with others and instill a sense of work team by students.
- Work on removing the gap between the governmental and private sectors and between the educational sectors and work together for the public benefit, through the work of joint sessions and participate together in the process of developing the curriculum.
- Permanent development of the study program to ensure the keep up with the rapid changes in all the fields which are related to the department and to achieve consistent and comprehensive quality assurance.
- Provide the society with qualified technical staff to work within the terms of occupational safety and conditions of preserving the environment.
Medical lab Technology (MLT) Department of Duhok Technical institute mission is to provide Diploma holder specialist in that field. MLT admission is accepted students that were graduated from scientific high school (12 years system that apply in Kurdistan region) according to governmental central acceptance system.
- MLT is a scientific study for 2 years.
- MLT studying system involved annual theoretical and practical subjects.
- MLT student should visit and apply their learned accepted experiences through their study in governmental medical laboratory under suitable and acceptable scientific supervision.
- MLT student have a compulsory practical time for two months after finishing their study , otherwise they are not considered to be graduated till ended it , and should be in reliable governmental medical labs.
is to be recognized regionally and nationally as a leader in pharmacy education that focuses on appropriate use of and access to pharmaceuticals and medical devices, as well as cost-effective provision and delivery of pharmaceutical care.
is to prepare assistant pharmacists to provide optimal pharmaceutical care, practice and service. The Department generates and disseminates knowledge to promote safe, clinically effective, and cost-efficient use of medications.
Prepare assistant pharmacist graduates with the attitudes, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to become highly qualified pharmacists. These graduates will work with patients and other health care providers to screen for, prevent, and resolve medication-related problems, as well as provide health promotion, disease prevention and disease- management services.
The Department to be distinct in providing outstanding academic programs Applied according to modern techniques in road construction to serve the community and qualifying moderation to work according to modern international standards
Prepare intermediate cadres competent in the jurisdiction of the road construction is able to work in the public and private sectors in this area and in accordance with the modern techniques to ensure the quality of work.
Create intermediate staff able to:
- Prepare the data necessary for planning and design of roads and transport projects.
- To assist engineers in the implementation of all phases of road projects, as well as supervision.
- The use of modern software engineering to draw diagrams and to calculate the quantities of substances.
- Conduct laboratory tests and field for road works and analyze the results of the construction materials and asphalt.
- To perform the acts in the area of road projects using modern equipment
Preparing a qualified middle staff in the filed of surveying that are capable of working in the public and private sectors in this field according to modern technologies.
To provide distinguished applied academic programs in accordance with modern techniques in the area of surveying to serve the community and to qualify the middle cadres to work according to modern international standards.